Monday, November 9, 2009

A HERO IN MY EYES REFLECTION


1. Answer the essential question how does a hero become a hero?
By being a remodel and having good morals.

2. Project Description: What was the Hero in My Eyes project? Use your own words to describe it.
We had to think back to a heroic moment and who was the hero in that moment then we had to interview that person. Next we had to create something called a character sketch and that is basically like a written picture where you write about a moment where your hero was being heroic using showing not telling.


3. Process: What steps did you take to get to the final product? (Be honest about meeting or not meeting deadlines and how that affected the process.)
First we had choose our hero and pick one moment where they were being heroic. Next we had to come up with 10 fat questions. Then we had to interview that person. Next we had to make a character sketch. Then we had to get two pictures of our hero one had to be a symbolic picture. Then we had to plug everything into a template. To be honest I didn't get my pictures in on time nor did I do my template on time. This hurt me because by not getting my pictures in on time my template was incomplete for a while.

4. Reflection: What did you learn? What challenges did you encounter? What would you do the same or different? How will this help you later?
I learned how to create someone character by telling about something they did to be the way the are. The challenges that I encountered were having to show not tell in my witting. What I would do differently is I would have put deeper thought into my character sketch because I didn't really show his emotion. It will help me later by helping m,y reader visualize my person.

5. Habits of Mind: Pick one of the six HOMs (Habits of Mind) and describe how you used it in this project. The six HOMs are: Innovation, Wonder, Ownership, Mindfulness, Perspective, and Evidence.
I used evidence because I gave different scenarios to where he was showing how I see him.

6. Artifact: Link to the blog post where you posted your final hero character sketch. Make sure it is a working link.
http://breezy1904.blogspot.com/2009/11/hero-in-my-eyes.html

No comments: