Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ESSAY REFLECTION

Project Description:

- What was the assignment? Describe it here.



The assignment for this particular part of the Time Traveler project was to set up and essay about your ancient civilization in general. In this essay we needed to include why our civilization was successful or not. It also needed to have where they were located , how long they lived for, what were they good for, and what kind of people they were.


Process:

- What steps did you take to get to the final product?

The first step was to research about your civilization . Next you were to specify on your pillar. Next put your essay together in a correct format. Then have peers edit it. Make the changes that were necessary. Have another peer member edit it. Make any final corrections before having it checked by the the teacher. Then go over the teachers notes and make adjustments. Next turn it in for your final grade.


Reflection:

- What did you learn?


I learned how to put together an essay format. I always learned how to put together a paragraph in a TEA format which is topic, evidence, and analysis. I also learned that the Ancient Kushite Kingdom were the first kingdom of Africa.


- What challenges did you encounter?

The hardest challenge that I encountered would have to be giving evidence. Another challenge was tying my paragraph together and creating a thesis. I just couldn't get the concept of staying on one subject.

- What would you do the same or different?

What I would do differently is looking over my final more so I know what I just about to turn in is all that I can produce.

- How will this help you later?

This will ensure me that it is my best work. & I have everything that is required and nothings left out.


No comments: